Assist Those in Your Community
Become a shared living provider in Portland, ME
Are you looking for a way to do meaningful work in your community? Then you may want to consider fostering an adult with disabilities in your home. At Shared Living Options in Portland, ME, we can help you become a fantastic caregiver.
As a provider, you are caring for this individual in your home full-time, or part-time. Our caregivers receive a biweekly stipend ranging from $1,000 to $1,500 depending on the level of care needed by the individual. Additionally, you receive a $500 to $650 payment to cover room and board on the first of every month. All compensation is exempt from taxes (IRS code 131), meaning you get more take home compared to other jobs.
Contact us to learn more about how you can become a direct support professional.
- Teach your foster adult how to provide for themselves
- Assist them with their day-to-day lives
- Support them as they work toward their goals
- We will go over the program details with you
- You must Complete the required certifications
- Shared Living Options will cover the cost for the required certification training
- Adults in the home must pass the criminal background check
- The Person receiving care must have their own room
- You must have your own car
Once you become a shared living provider, you’ll form a bond with your foster adult that’ll last a lifetime. Reach out to us today if you want to become a direct support professional,